Your jewellery is precious and requires careful handling.
- Dirt is the number one enemy. Definition: Dirt, a noun: soil, mud or dust.
- Clean jewellery regularly. Soft materials like lapis lazuli, coral, pearls, turquoise or emeralds need extra care. Use only mild soap, warm water, and scrub gently with a soft toothbrush. Rinse and wipe with a soft cloth.
- Once every year have your trusted jeweller check, clean and bring back to new your jewellery.
- Store jewellery in individual containers to avoid scratching, and chains should be closed and laid flat to avoid kinks.
- Remove your jewellery when washing your hands and putting on perfume or face cream. These products can deteriorate or color some stones.
It is worth noting that even diamonds can get chipped, avoid impacting the edges of stones.